IUD or intra uterine devices
At Sepmedical clinic we offer IUD (intrauterine devices like Paragard, Skyla, mirena and Nuva ring) for free. We offer the state approved family planning program also known as sofp. With sofp you can receive services for contraception immediately and for free. Any California resident who believes that they are low income and whose family income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level is eligible for this program. Call now to see if you qualify.
We also accept most HMO and ppo and medical medicare insurances for above services. Most insurance cover all cost for this devices insertion call for information at 323-588-3800.
What is IUD?
IUD or Intrauterine Devices is a small pice of plastic placed in your uterius to keep you from getting pregnant. the IUD or Intrauterine Devices keeps the egg from stay in your uterus. IUD or Intrauterine Devices either have copper or a hormone to help them work.
There are many kinds of IUD or Intrauterine Devices
- Skyla (has progestron) works for up to 3 years
- Mirena (has progestron) works for up to 5 years
- Paragard has copper and can be used up to 10 years
How well dose it work
failure rate is same as ocp and depo shot only 2 out of 100 who use IUD for one year get pregnant.
Side effect of IUD
IUD may sometimes cause serious health problems such as:
How a female get IUD
you should present on second day of your menstruation when your cervix is open to have clinician put the iud into your uterus from your vagina
After iud insertion patient should know
- that IUD works only to prevent pregnancy.
- to check monthly for the string to make sure the IUD is still in place.
- IUD doesn’t protect from AIDS/HIV or other STDs
- If you get pregnant with iud you should remove it immediately and chance of ectopic pregnancy is higher
- to come back to clinic anytime she is having a problem.
Who should not use IUD
- If you had infection in uterus (PID)
- Vaginal bleeding for unknown reason
- Prior Ectopic pregnancy
Danger sign of IUD
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- lower abdominal pain
- If you cant feel the string or is shorter or longer or part of iud is out of cervix
- If you miss your period
- Abnormal discharge from vagina