At SEP medical clinic we offer the presumptive eligibility program also known as PE. With PE you can receive services for Maternity and pregnancy care immediately and for free. Any California resident who believes that they are pregnant and whose family income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level is eligible for this program. Call now to see if you qualify.
DESCRIPTION: PREGNANCY IS A VERY IMPORTANT TIME IN THE LIFE CYCLE OF A FAMILY UNIT. IN THE WOMAN MANY CHANGES OCCUR; EMOTIONALLY, PHYSICALLY.
ENVIRONMENTALLY, AND FINANCIALLY. THE C.P.S.P. COMPONENTS SUPPLEMENT MANY OF THE NEEDS FOR SELF AND FAMILY ADJUSTMENT.
Why You Need Prenatal Care
Prenatal care helps you have a healthy baby.
– Your health care provider assesses the health of your pregnancy. A “due date” is figured.
– The progress of your pregnancy is checked. This includes your baby’s growth, changes in your weight, and your overall health and comfort.
– Your health care provider may find new concerns and manage existing ones before problems occur.
You’re Part of a Team
When you’re pregnant, you’re part of a team that includes you, your baby, and your health care provider. Your team also may include a partner or a main support person. He or she could be a loved one, such as a spouse, a family member, or a friend. As you work toward giving your baby a healthy start, rely on your team members for support.
It’s Not Too Late to Start Good Habits
What matters most is protecting your baby from this moment on. If you smoke, drink alcohol or use drugs, now is the time to stop. If you need help, talk with your health care provider.
– Smoking increases the risk of lossing your baby or having a low-birth-weight baby. If you smoke, quit now
– Alcohol and drugs have been linked with miscarriage, birth defects, mental retardation, an low birth weight. Avoid alcohol and drugs.
Developing a healthy lifestyle is one of the first things you can do for your child.