Welcome to Our Wegovy Weight Loss Program
At SEP Medical Clinic, we are excited to introduce our complete Wegovy weight loss program designed to help you achieve your health and wellness goals. Our program is designed to provide a personalized approach to weight management, utilizing the FDA-approved Wegovy injections for enhanced results.
Your weight loss journey begins with a thorough consultation with our experienced healthcare professionals. We take the time to understand your individual needs, health history, and weight loss aspirations.
Incorporating physical activity is key to a well-rounded weight loss strategy. Our fitness experts provide guidance on suitable exercises, accommodating your fitness level and preferences
A central component of our program, Wegovy injections are administered to boost your weight loss efforts. This FDA-approved medication has demonstrated exceptional efficacy in clinical trials, aiding in significant and sustainable weight loss.
We believe in continuous support. Our program includes regular check-ins with our healthcare team to monitor your progress, address any concerns, and make necessary adjustments to optimize your results.
What is WeGovy?
WEGOVY® (semaglutide) injection 2.4 mg is an injectable prescription medicine that may help adults and children aged ≥12 years with obesity (BMI ≥30 for adults, BMI ≥ 95th percentile for age and sex for children), or some adults with excess weight (BMI ≥27) (overweight) who also have weight-related medical problems to help them lose weight and keep it off. Wegovy® should be used with a reduced-calorie meal plan and increased physical activity
- Wegovy® contains semaglutide and should not be used with other semaglutide-containing products or other GLP-1 receptor agonist medicines
- It is not known if Wegovy® is safe and effective when taken with other prescription, over-the-counter, or herbal weight loss products
- It is not known if Wegovy® can be used safely in people with a history of pancreatitis
- It is not known if Wegovy® is safe and effective for use in children under 12 years of age
How Does Wegovy® Work?
Your brain gets signals from different places in your body. Some of these signals are called appetite hormones that help regulate how much food you eat. Wegovy® works similarly to one of these natural appetite hormones, so you eat fewer calories, and lose weight.
How to Take Wegovy®
Wegovy® is the first and only prescription weight-management medicine taken once weekly. It’s taken on the same day each week, any time of day, with or without food. Wegovy® is available in 5 doses ranging from 0.25 mg to 2.4 mg, each of which is taken
What are the possible side effects of Wegovy®?
Wegovy® may cause serious side effects, including:
- Inflammation of your pancreas (pancreatitis). Stop using Wegovy® and call your healthcare provider right away if you have severe pain in your stomach area (abdomen) that will not go away, with or without vomiting. You may feel the pain from your abdomen to your back
- Gallbladder problems. Wegovy® may cause gallbladder problems, including gallstones. Some gallstones may need surgery. Call your healthcare provider if you have symptoms, such as pain in your upper stomach (abdomen), fever, yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice), or clay-colored stools
- Increased risk of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) in patients with type 2 diabetes, especially those who also take medicines for type 2 diabetes such as sulfonylureas or insulin. This can be both a serious and common side effect.
- Kidney problems (kidney failure). In people with kidney problems, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting may cause a loss of fluids (dehydration), which may cause kidney problems to get worse. You need to drink fluids to help reduce your chance of dehydration
- Serious allergic reactions. Stop using Wegovy® and get medical help right away, if you have any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat; problems breathing or swallowing; severe rash or itching; fainting or feeling dizzy; or very rapid heartbeat
- Change in vision in people with type 2 diabetes. Tell your healthcare provider if you have changes in vision during treatment with Wegovy®
- Increased heart rate. Wegovy® can increase your heart rate while you are at rest. Tell your healthcare provider if you feel your heart racing or pounding in your chest and it lasts for several minutes
- Depression or thoughts of suicide. You should pay attention to any mental changes, especially sudden changes in your mood, behaviors, thoughts, or feelings. Call your healthcare provider right away if you have any mental changes that are new, worse, or worry you.
Take First Setp to a healthier you with SEP Medical Clinic
Take the first step towards a healthier, happier you with SEP Medical Clinic. Our Wegovy weight loss program is your partner in achieving the desired weight. Contact us today to begin your transformative journey!