Welcome to Our Zepbound Weight Loss Program
At SepMedical, we are committed to supporting your journey to effective weight management with our comprehensive program featuring Zepbound. Our program is designed to provide personalized care, expert guidance, and a pharmaceutical solution to help you achieve sustainable and meaningful weight loss.
We take the time to understand your unique needs, health history, and weight management aspirations. This personalized approach ensures that our program is tailored to you.
Our fitness experts provide guidance on suitable exercises, taking into consideration your fitness level and preferences. This personalized fitness plan complements the medical aspects of our program.
Central to our program is the administration of Tirzepatide injections. Zepmound, an FDA-approved medication, has demonstrated exceptional efficacy in clinical trials, aiding in significant and sustainable weight loss. Our healthcare team will carefully administer and monitor your progress with this innovative pharmaceutical solution.
Continuous support is fundamental to our approach. Our program includes regular check-ins with our healthcare team to monitor your progress, address any concerns, and make necessary adjustments. This ongoing collaboration ensures that you are on the path to optimal results.
What is Zepbound™?
Zepbound is an injectable prescription medicine that may help adults with obesity, or with excess weight (overweight) who also have weight-related medical problems, lose weight and keep it off. Zepbound should be used with a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity.
- Zepbound contains tirzepatide and should not be used with other tirzepatide-containing products or any GLP-1 receptor agonist medicines.
- It is not known if Zepbound is safe and effective when taken with other prescription, over-the-counter, or herbal weight loss products.
- It is not known if Zepbound can be used in people who have had pancreatitis.
- It is not known if Zepbound is safe and effective for use in children under 18 years of age.
How to Take Zepbound™?
Zepbound comes in a single-dose pen that requires no mixing. There’s no need to see or handle the needle.
The healthcare experts at the Sep Medical Clinic can help you choose the injection site that is best for you. You or another person can inject the medicine into your stomach or thigh. Another person should give you the injection in the back of your upper arm.
You’ll begin treatment at a recommended 2.5 mg starting dose. After 4 weeks, your doctor will increase your dose to 5 mg. After another 4 weeks, your doctor may keep you at the 5-mg dose or, if needed, increase the dosage in 2.5 mg increments after at least 4 weeks on the current dose.
Protect your pens
How to store your Zepbound pens:
- Store your pen in the refrigerator between 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C).
- You may store your pen at room temperature up to 86°F (30°C) for up to 21 days. If you store the pen at room temperature, do not return the pen to the refrigerator.
- Discard the pen if not used within 21 days after removing from the refrigerator.
- Do not freeze your pen. If the pen has been frozen, throw the pen away and use a new pen.
- Store your pen in the original carton to protect your pen from light.
- The pen has glass parts. Handle it carefully. If you drop the pen on a hard surface, do not use it. Use a new pen for your injection.
- Keep your Zepbound pen and all medicines out of the reach of children.
Properly dispose of your used Zepbound pens
It is important to dispose of your used pen safely. To do this, put your used pen in an FDA-cleared sharps disposal container right away after use. Do not throw away pens in household trash. If you don’t have an FDA-cleared sharps container, use a household container. Make sure it is made of heavy-duty plastic, can be closed with a tight-fitting, puncture-resistant lid, and it is upright, stable, leak-resistant, and properly labeled to warn of hazardous waste.
Keep the container out of the reach of children. Do not recycle your sharps container. Follow your community guidelines for the right way to dispose of your sharps disposal container
Zepbound may cause serious side effects, including:
Severe stomach problems. Stomach problems, sometimes severe, have been reported in people who use Zepbound. Inform us if you have stomach problems that are severe or will not go away.
Kidney problems (kidney failure). Diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting may cause a loss of fluids (dehydration), which may cause kidney problems. It is important for you to drink fluids to help reduce your chance of dehydration.
Gallbladder problems. Gallbladder problems have happened in some people who use Zepbound. Inform us right away if you get symptoms of gallbladder problems, which may include pain in your upper stomach (abdomen), fever, yellowing of skin or eyes (jaundice), or clay-colored stools.
Inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis). Stop using Zepbound and call us right away if you have severe pain in your stomach area (abdomen) that will not go away, with or without vomiting. You may feel the pain from your abdomen to your back.
Serious allergic reactions. Stop using Zepbound and get medical help right away if you have any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including swelling of your face, lips, tongue or throat, problems breathing or swallowing, severe rash or itching, fainting or feeling dizzy, or very rapid heartbeat.
Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). Your risk for getting low blood sugar may be higher if you use Zepbound with medicines that can cause low blood sugar, such as a sulfonylurea or insulin. Signs and symptoms of low blood sugar may include dizziness or light-headedness, sweating, confusion or drowsiness, headache, blurred vision, slurred speech, shakiness, fast heartbeat, anxiety, irritability, mood changes, hunger, weakness or feeling jittery.
Changes in vision in patients with type 2 diabetes. Inform your healthcare specialist at Sep Medical Clinic, if you have changes in vision during treatment with Zepbound.
Depression or thoughts of suicide. You should pay attention to changes in your mood, behaviors, feelings or thoughts. Call us right away if you have any mental changes that are new, worse, or worry you.
Common side effects
The most common side effects of Zepbound include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, stomach (abdominal) pain, indigestion, injection site reactions, feeling tired, allergic reactions, belching, hair loss, and heartburn. These are not all the possible side effects of Zepbound. Talk to us about any side effect that bothers you or doesn’t go away.
If you are experiencing any of the above mentioned side effects, you must share it with your healthcare specialist at Sep Medical Clinic.
Precautions Using Zepbound
- Healthcare specialist at Sep Medical must show you how to use Zepbound before you use it for the first time.
- You should inform us if you are taking medicines to treat diabetes including insulin or sulfonylureas which could increase your risk of low blood sugar. Talk us about low blood sugar levels and how to manage them.
- If you take birth control pills by mouth, talk to your healthcare specialist at Sep Medical before you use Zepbound. Birth control pills may not work as well while using Zepbound. We may recommend another type of birth control for 4 weeks after you start Zepbound and for 4 weeks after each increase in your dose of Zepbound.
Review these questions with your healthcare specialist at Sep Medical Clinic:
Q: Do you have other medical conditions, including problems with your pancreas or kidneys, or severe problems with your stomach, such as slowed emptying of your stomach (gastroparesis) or problems digesting food?
Q: Do you take diabetes medicines, such as insulin or sulfonylureas?
Q: Do you have a history of diabetic retinopathy?
Q: Do you take any other prescription medicines or over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, or herbal supplements?
Q: Are you pregnant, plan to become pregnant, breastfeeding, or plan to breastfeed? Zepbound may harm your unborn baby. Tell your healthcare specialist at Sep Medical Clinic if you become pregnant while using Zepbound. It is not known if Zepbound passes into your breast milk
Take Setp to a healthier you with Sepmedical
Take the first step towards a healthier, happier you with SEP Medical Clinic. Our Wegovy weight loss program is your partner in achieving the desired weight. Contact us today to begin your transformative journey!